Cats & Quilts - a match made in heaven... (except maybe those stubborn little clouds of fur that latch on to the fabric!)

Kitty Quote of the Day

I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul. - Jean Cocteau

Thursday, December 13, 2012

My Ballarat Holiday

Hi all, back from my week's holiday in Ballarat & after 4 days at work this week it is feeling like a bit of a happy dream......
 
Many of you may will have seen posts on the pages of my gorgeous friends Shez from Enjoying Life and Melody from The House on the Side of the Hill. It was the first time I had met both of these glorious women & they are everything you would expect from reading their blogs - caring, sweet, extremely humerous, generous, loving & at times a little mad (zany mad definately not angry mad!). To say I fitted in well with that last attribute would be an understatement....
 
 

So what do three quilting bloggers do when they get a day together?


Hug, laugh,  talk, laugh, shop, talk, laugh, eat, laugh, talk, shop, laugh, talk, shop, talk, laugh, shop, talk, laugh, hug, hug, hug! Doesn't that sound like the best day.

We started our big day out at Spotlight, went to the local shopping centre (newsagent - quilting mags!), spents ages with Gail at Gails Patchwork Emporium & had a tour of the rebuilt shop, lunch at Such & Such giftwares & cafe, a visit to the stunning Ballarat Patchwork & the delightful homewares store next door, a visit to Eureka Patchwork & finally a visit to Lincraft. What a great day & the company made it extra special!
 
 
We did make the occasional purchase & in a later post I may tantilise you with some of the goodies I brought. With such precious cargo I had it all in my hand luggage trolley case for the trip home. I was one of the lucky people picked for the explosives residue check & the security man opened my hand luggage, looked at my magazines, fabric, patterns, braid, ric-rac, yo-yo maker & little already made yo-yos etc & asked 'What is all that?' I very indignantly said ''That's my sewing!' He couldn't do anything for laughing & sent me on my way with 'Ýou enjoy'. That I will....
 
So a big thank you my two special friends for your hospitality & can't wait until we can do it all again!
 
Tracee xx
 
 
 
 

9 comments:

  1. Your activities sound so good !!! It must have been a really good time !!
    Florence

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mel and I caught up for a cuppa and she told me about the adventures the three of you got up to! Looking forward to seeing what made it into your shopping bag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had such a great time... I did read the escapades and wished I could meet you too.... next time you need to get to Qld!... Had a good laugh at your explosives check...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. you girls had a great time together...........

    ReplyDelete
  5. cant wait to see what made it into your bag :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, it does sound like the perfect day!!! Got a good laugh at that security guy's expense, lol...

    ReplyDelete
  7. it was such a great day trace,thankyou.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for leaving a comment on my post - love to get them! Tracee xx